Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sk2 facial treatment sheet mask

Ever since i started using differin get 0.1% (a topical acne gel), my skin gets really flaky and looks really ugly under makeup so ive been relying on my best ever neutrogena deep hydrating mask every other night. It never fails to brighten my skin and minimise my pores after each use (of cos thats temporary. Lasting 1-2 days perhaps). BUT it dosent work much at making me flakeless while im on differin so i decided to try the highly raved sk2 sheet mask.

Bought a trial set of 2 pieces. Upon opening the package, i was surprised at how much eccense is inside! The sheet mask is a bit thick but fits onto my skin quite perfectly other than my forehead part (its a bit short. Wasnt able to cover my forehead perfectly). Didnt want to waste the eccense, i transferred it into a travel size container and stored it in the fridge and use it nightly as an eccense and it lasted me for about 10 days. :) ok as for the mask, its amazing!! I put it on for about 15-20 minutes and removed it. I didnt really see any difference as when i used my neutrogena deep hydrating mask (which gives me instant radiance and minimise my pores). No radiance, no pore refinement nothing! So i was kinda dissappointed.. I massage in the remaining eccense, put on my usual moisturiser and went to bed.

The next morning, i was really suprised! I didnt realised any difference before i put on my makeup though. But once i put on my makeup, i see no flakes!! I kept checking my skin in the mirror and got really happy as my skin is really flakeless!! Finally i found a mask that helps!! Its expensive at about 1600yen per mask but considering the amount of eccense left which lasted me 10 days, i guess its rather worth it?

I didnt had any problems with using the leftover eccense during that 10 days. No irritation nothing. But i realised my pores looks more refine and my skin is not oily in the morning when it always do! (i put on only the eccense that 10 days. No toner no moisturiser) Just make sure its kept refrigerated and closed tight and it should be fine i guess. However, as with all mask, this moisturising effect of the sk2 mask lasted me only 1 day. Now, i dont really use it since i found my savior moisturising serum but its good for nights before events! A keeper for only important events for me!

Ingredients
Aqua (Water/ Eau), Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate**, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta. *Pitera

One thing i love about most sk2 products is their short ingredient list! Nothing fanciful so i feel "safer" using them onto my acne prone skin! But if you are looking for fantastic anti aging ingredients then perhaps its not for you unless you consider their main ingredient 'pitera' as fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Good description, is this also a treatment for removing pimple?

    spa weight loss nj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jamie, i dont think its suppose to remove pimple as its a hydration mask. Their treatment eccense however seems to be helping me keep my clog pores at bay (not sure why) but its a bit drying for my skin..

    ReplyDelete