Sunday, May 6, 2012

Clarisonic facial brush

Bought this cleansing brush from skincarerx.com last august and used for about 8 months twice daily until this march (2 months ago). I started off using alternate nights for about 2 weeks then increased to nightly and then eventually twice a day after 1 month of use. The reason for stopping it is because i started using differin gel 0.1% topical acne prescription from the doctor which makes my skin really sensitive to any friction including cotton pads! Everytime i use this brush (after starting differin), my skin just stings the hell out of me! So much so that i cant apply anything onto my skin at all! Not even my toner... It just sting so much that i get a headache out of it..BUT i do really like this cleansing tool. Its easy to use and it takes just 1 minute! After which, it will stop automatically.

At first, i was not really comfortable with the vibration especially on the bridge of my nose lol. Felt kind of ticklish.. But i soon got used to it. My skin always looks brighter after cleansing with this and my pores looks cleaner too. According to the website, its suppose to help with acne, reduce pore size and fine lines too! It did really clear up my chest and back (yes i use on my chest and back too and am still using. Not whole body) so i was very happy with it. I do not have fine lines to begin with so i cant comment on how this tool help with fine lines. As for pores, it did help making them look cleaner. I dont see any WOW from this tool though except brighter skin and clearer pores. I do still get clog pores and pimples here and there while using this..but the reviews online and before n after pictures looks really amazing. Google more for the before n after photos and you will get what i mean!!

Its not really cheap and you need to replace the brush head every 3-4 months. Each brush head cost usd25. Machine itself is about usd110 or so if i remember correctly. Not forgetting the additional cost for shipping!

There are a few different types of brushes (delicate, sensitive, normal and deep cleansing). The tool came with a free sensitive brush head in white which im using for my body since its a little harsh for my skin i felt. For face, i used their delicate skin brush head in light blue color (their gentlest brush).

If you can afford it, try it! Its good! Not amazing but good cleansing tool! Makes skin feels really soft and smooth after cleansing. No miracles for me like those i saw online though but enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment