Sunday, May 6, 2012

Differin gel (adapalene) 0.1%

Got this from my derm for my mild acne (whiteheads and blackheads mostly on my cheeks). Been using for almost 3 months and now i cannot live without it! My bumps looks much lesser just after a few days into this treatment. So far it didnt cause me any purging nor did it stings my skin. After about 4 days into it, my skin burns so badly after cleansing at night (im using makeup remover n cleanser which contains aha and my clarisonic brush). So much so tat whatever i put onto my skin after tat just makes my skin burns like mad! I know i should not be using harsh cleanser with differin but im not comfortable using a gentle cleanser at night. So at first whenever it starts burning real bad, i skip using differin a few days and resume when my skin no longer burns upon washing (my skin dosent burn in the am with my gentle cleanser..). I was receiving microdermabrasion treatment every forthnightly as well so was advised to stop differin a few days before and after the treatment so ive been on n off on differin but still, it gives me great results! Perhaps since im going on n off on differin, i dun get all the bad reactions too.. My derm says its perfectly fine to go on n off like this till my skin get used to it without burning so i did that for the first month on it to get my skin used to it then from the 2nd month onwards, i started using it nightly but stopped using my clarisonic brush and stopped going for microderbrasion as well as not to stress out my skin.

i realised my skin is less oily, pores looks a bit smaller, skin looks smoother (lesser bumps) overall (not totally clear though) with no bad side effects except the burning at first (when i was using with my clarisonic) and the dryness/flakiness which is no longer a problem now since i found my mousturising serum. Very happy with this!! Its cheap too with prescription. Like 700yen per tube which i think can last 3-4 months if use daily. Ok plus consultation fee of 1100yen lol. I shall request for more tubes on my next visit after this tube runs out!!

Another good thing about this is it helps in anti aging since its a form of retinoid (vitamin a).

I dont dare to stop using this treatment but its not safe to use during pregnancy...so if i happen to get pregnant.. Oh what should i do!!! Lol!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such informative blog article with us which is very beneficial and useful as user point of view. Please keep sharing more.

    A Ret Gel | Differin Gel

    ReplyDelete