Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A little about myself

Hi! Im Annie from Singapore. Turning 29 years old in a few days time~ I have a cute little 3.5 years old daughter who is a very good girl but still often drives me crazy! LOL. Presently, im living in Japan, Tokyo... As everyone knows, Tokyo is a paradise when it comes to fashion and beauty! In my opinion, its a paradise in pratically everything! LOL. Hubby is a Japanese...

I became very enthusiastic on skincare since the age of 22... prior to that, i was using only a cleanser (clarins gentle foaming cleanser) and totally no other skincare products and had great skin (as far as i remember). But once i started playing with skincare products, i started getting clog pores problems... but well i guess it takes trial and error to find a suitable skincare products/combination for me but i will continue to do so as i know skincare is essential!!

I stopped playing with skincare products when i got preggy as my skin condition became quite good during that period of time due to hormones...and i wanted to avoid as much chemicals as i can since i dont want to affect my baby...I was using organics products (I forgot the brand name! OMG age is catching up on me...) was using LRP before i got pregnant...(effclar k and efflar moisturiser which controls my sebum production very very well without drying it out! What i hate about it is the cucumber smell...hate cucumber..lol)

Anyway i resumed my hobby around 2 years after i gave birth (the first 2 years is a hell of time! taking care of a baby all alone in a foreign country with no help at all...) anyway, what prompted me to start a beauty blog is because... some friends suggested this! Since i have quite alot to share lol. eg reviews of my new beauty tools and products.. or some knowledge that i came across regarding beauty and skin care ingredients hehe. So here i am!

I do not have a lot of hobby but keeping myself pretty is one of them! of cos im not saying im pretty LOL. just that i have a thing for beauty tools and skincare products (not so much on makeup though as i feel its more important to have a good skin than to put on tones of makeup so im striving towards that goal!)

A bit on my skin type:

  • Acne prone (not those big red furious type but whiteheads n blackheads. eg bumps) 
  • Combination (Oily on the t zone and a little dry on the cheecks)the strange thing is.. every skin check i went, says i have normal skin type! as my skin has a good balance of water and oil... but... i do get oily by mid day or by the evening and especially when i wake up in the morning when i can even get oily on my cheeks! are those skin checks accurate anyway??? LOL
  • Visible (not large) pores on my cheeks and nose but they can be covered nicely with simply mineral powder without any makeup base or whatsoever..
  • Presently on differin (adapalane) gel 0.1% for mild to moderate acne nightly which has made my skin very sensitive to friction eg cotton pads, scrubs, face brush or any skincare products which contains alcohol or any peeling ingredients like aha, bha and kinda dry.. it pratically flakes which makes my makeup goes on so super ugly! BUT i found my savior moisturising serum which i will talk about in the later part of my blog so tune in! hehe
Im very pratical on the things i use on my skin as im acne prone.. many products makes me breakout or bumpy (clog my pores..) after few uses. My skin is not exactly reactive immediately.. so i usually need at least 2-3 weeks to try a new product before i can say its ok for my skin! Sometimes, a product seems to work wonders on my skin for the first week or so but starting to break me out after 2 weeks or so... which is very very troublesome as usually we cant get so much samples to last 2-3 weeks?!?!??! So.. sometimes i realised the product is clogging me out only after i bought the full sizes! or... i will just need to go around counters collecting tones of samples so that they can last me for 2-3 weeks but i hate that feeling! it feels like im trying to get free lunch or something which im not!

For cosmetics, ive been using Lumiere Cosmetics Mineral makeup since i was 23 years old iirc... which is like... 5 years ago? Im still in love with it! Tried several brands of mineral makeup eg Everyday Minerals (im using their sunscreen powder and still loving it), alima (likes nothing from them..), meow cosmetics (didnt try long enough to know if it breaks me out but i liked the coverage. main reason why i didnt get from them is because of the slow shipping time and the HUGE variety of colors... i found my match in lumiere first so...LOL) and ended up with Lumiere...I just dont really feel safe putting any kind of cosmetic counters or drugstore cosmetics onto my skin... oh well~ looking at all the chemicals and pore clogging ingredients that comes with them...

Im rather stingy in many things except beauty LOL. i can spend tones of $ onto skin treatment, hair treatments, skin care products, skin care tools etc... my slogan... Beauty is never cheap! LOL.

Ok enough of me. Lets talk about beauty! Sorry if i bored you with my long long post about myself! LOL. Let us all achieve beauty!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I'm hoping to ask you something via email. Would you mind contacting me via this email?

    Thanks very much!!

    Cheers,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops, email is apriltan18 dot gmail dot com
      thanks!

      Delete